PostgreSQL 8.0 install woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Taber, Mark
Subject PostgreSQL 8.0 install woes
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 install woes  (Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre@syscor.com>)
List pgsql-general

I have Postgres 8.0-beta2 set up on two machines (one Windows 2000 Server, the other Windows XP Pro); I have Postgres up and running as a service on both machines, no problem.  I’m even able to go into psql and putz around.  However, I am not able to log on remotely using pgAdmin III.  Whenever I attempt to add a server, I get the following message:

An error has occurred:

Error connecting to the server: could not connect to the server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

     Is the server running on host “nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn” and accepting

     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

The answer is, yes the server is running on the host, and there are no restrictions on either machine for port 5432.  It fails in both directions.  The machines can see each other on the network.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark Taber

State of California

Department of Finance