Re: commiting in/between functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commiting in/between functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5nsson?= <ganja@0x63.nu> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:34:08AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It would help if you showed us the function and told us what version of
>> Postgres you're talking about.  This could just be a garden-variety
>> memory leakage problem.

> The version of postgresql running on the server is 7.1 and if needed I can
> test it on data I have duplic�ted to another server with 7.3.

Please try 7.3 before we look any further; 7.1 was a long time back and
we've fixed a number of intra-function memory leaks since then.

If you still see it in 7.3, please send along the CREATE TABLE commands
for the tables referenced by the function, and I'll try to duplicate the
problem here.

            regards, tom lane