Re: A couple of gripes about the gettext plurals patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A couple of gripes about the gettext plurals patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thursday 28 May 2009 00:54:32 Tom Lane wrote:
>> To wit, the current
>> coding fails to respect the gettext domain when working with pluralized
>> messages.

> The ngettext() calls use the default textdomain that main.c sets up.  The PLs
> use dngettext().  Is that not correct?

If that's okay, why didn't we adopt that approach for the mainline
errmsg processing?  Or more to the point: I think it's a seriously bad
idea that ereports in PLs need to be coded differently from those in
the core backend, especially with respect to a relatively-little-used
feature.  Want to make a side bet on how long till the first bug gets
committed?