Re: WIP patch for system-catalog vacuuming via a relation map - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP patch for system-catalog vacuuming via a relation map
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Barring objections I'm going to press ahead with completing and
>> committing this; then in a separate patch remove VACUUM FULL INPLACE.

> With the second patch, we will continue to support reading
> XVAC_MOVED_OUT and IN hint bits, but never set them, correct?

Right, the tqual support has to stay for as long as we support binary
upgrade from previous releases.  (Unless we want to work out some way
of ensuring no MOVED bits remain set in a database.)  There is one
heck of a lot of other infrastructure and complexity that can go away,
though.