Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2016-08-29 11:18:38 -0400, David Steele wrote:
>> pg_replslot -> pg_tmp/pg_repslot

> That's most certainly not ephemeral. Just because something isn't
> generally appropriate on a standby, doesn't, by far, mean it's ephemeral.

Do we need to account for both of those concepts explicitly?

The original point here was to simplify figuring out what needed to be
copied in base backups.  I'm not sure whether we really need a marker
for what's going to be flushed at restart.