Should we remove a fallback promotion? take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Should we remove a fallback promotion? take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

We discussed the $SUBJECT six years ago at the following thread.
https://postgr.es/m/CAHGQGwGYkF+CvpOMdxaO=+aNAzc1Oo9O4LqWo50MxpvFj+0VOw@mail.gmail.com

Seems our consensus at that discussion was to leave a fallback
promotion for a release or two for debugging purpose or as
an emergency method because fast promotion might have
some issues, and then to remove it later. Now, more than six years
have already passed since that discussion. Is there still
any reason to keep a fallback promotion? If nothing, I'd like to
drop it from v13.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao