Re: pl/pgsql and global variables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pl/pgsql and global variables
Date
List pgsql-general
"John Lim" <heyjohnlim@yahoo.com> writes:
> However we need access to global variables in PL/pgSQL. I cannot find any
> mention of this in the docs.

That's because it's not there.  However, if the feature exists in Oracle
then it would seem reasonable to add it to PL/pgSQL.  Want to volunteer?

> Also any advice on the stability of any of the PL/languages would be
> appreciated.

plpgsql is by far the best-tested and most widely used, I believe.
If I had to choose a second-best, I'd probably bet on pltcl, which is
the oldest of the bunch and probably better-wrung-out than the others.

            regards, tom lane