Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017-05-26 15:59, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm, I was under the impression that the changes we proposed in the
> snapbuild thread fixed your issues, does this mean they didn't? Or the
> modified versions of those that were eventually committed didn't? Or
> did
> issues reappear at some point?

I do think the snapbuild fixed solved certain problems.  I can't say
where the present problems are caused (as I have said, I suspect logical
replication, but also my own test-harness: perhaps it leaves some
error-state lying around (although I do try hard to prevent that) -- so
I just don't know.

I wouldn't say that problems (re)appeared at a certain point; my
impression is rather that logical replication has become better and
better.  But I kept getting the odd failure, without a clear cause, but
always (eventually) repeatable on other machines.  I did the 1-minute
pgbench-derail version exactly because of the earlier problems with
snapbuild: I wanted a test that does a lot of starting and stopping of
publication and subscription.

Erik Rijkers