Job Opportunity San Diego PostgreSQL Database Developer - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Natalie Nash
Subject Job Opportunity San Diego PostgreSQL Database Developer
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Hi!

We are looking for a PostgreSQL Database Developer to join our team at Cricket Communications, www.mycricket.com. If you are interested please contact me at your convenience and submit your resume at careers at www.mycricket.com. The following is a job description:

Cricket Communications is a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless communications services. Headquartered in San Diego, with a commitment to predictability, simplicity and value as the foundation of our business, Leap pioneered Cricket® service, a simple and affordable wireless alternative to traditional landline service.

We believe the future is bright for Cricket and look forward to the challenges as we execute our plans to support the growth of our business. Cricket Communications has multiple opportunities for individuals looking to contribute to an organization that rewards your success.

Position Overview

This position involves creating tables, views, functions and stored procedures in SQL Server and PostgreSQL to support front end OLTP and reporting applications. The ideal developer will have thorough knowledge of Transact-SQL, and extensive experience with complex stored procedures, code optimization, and index tuning. While significant experience with SQL Server is required, NO previous experience with PostgreSQL is necessary initially.

Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

* 5+ years database development with SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005 and Enterprise Manager/Query Analyzer

* Significant background in creating complex stored procedures and SQL scripts with Transact-SQL

* Willingness to learn PostgreSQL

* Understanding of database normalization concepts

* Some experience in logical and physical database design and implementation

* Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting deadlines under tight time constraints

* Strong analytical skills

* Capable of working independently with minimal supervision

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

Natalie Nash

Staffing Consultant

Cricket Communications

858-882-9022