comp.databases.postgresql poll? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dawid Kuroczko
Subject comp.databases.postgresql poll?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I've been thinking... with all the hussle regarding Usenet and
PostgreSQL mailing lists... I think it would be useful to make
a poll about what the readers of mailing lists think about it.

If you agree (I don't feel too rebelious at the moment ;)) I could
create a simple call for opinion and send it to mailing-lists (I think
it should go to all).  The replies should be directed to me, and
after 7 days time I would present here summary.  I think it would
clarify things a bit.

Readers would need to select one of these sentences.

   My opinion is YES, pgsql-* mailing-lists should be gated to Big8 hierarchy,
in bidirectional UNMODERATED way.

   My opinion is YES, pgsql-* should be gated to Big8 MODERATED way,
featuring white lists, etc.

   My opinion is NO, pgsql-* should be separated from Big8, but at the same
time I feel the Big8 comp.databases.postgresql.* hierarchy should be created
nonetheless.

   My opinion is NO, pgsql-* should be separated from Big8.  I don't want
abything having to do with Big8.

   Mu opinion is... I ABSTAIN.  I'm happy with whatever you do.

The post would of course contain description of what Big8 is, why all
the hassle, and whats with the moderation.

I would of course send such message here, prior to starting the poll, so
you we would be able to figure out ambiguities.

Of course it would be only informative -- to check what are the feelings
about it throughout pgsql-* mailing lists.

And the results would be preseneted in Usenet style -- with all taking
part in the poll listed, so people could see not only how many are for/against
it, but also who.

   Regards,
       Dawid