Re: Reindex "locked" standby database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: Reindex "locked" standby database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/14/21 22:37, Michael Paquier wrote:
> You are referring to the startup process that replays WAL, right?
> Without having an idea about the type of workload your primary and/or
> standbys are facing, as well as an idea of the configuration you are
> using on both (hot_standby_feedback for one), I have no direct idea,
> but that could be a conflict caused by a concurrent vacuum.

Hi Michael,

I am preparing for a standby deployment. I don't have a standby yet and,
therefore, I don't have any standby problems. Would it be advisable to
turn vacuum off on the standby? Applying WAL will also, in theory,
populate the statistics which is also held in the database blocks.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant