Re: UNICODE and UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alain Roger
Subject Re: UNICODE and UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, my provider has v8.0.1 and i have installed v8.1.4.

thanks for your confirmation.

Al.

On 11/4/06, Martijn van Oosterhout < kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 04:23:02PM +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> however, when i do this, my encoding is in UTF-8 via phpAdmin.
> UTF8 is a part of UNICODE, but as i'm not sure on how many bits is UNICODE,
> how can i setup my local DB to UNICODE value as my provider has ?

As far a postgres is concerned, UTF8 is UNICODE. IIRC some versions
said one name, some the other, but they mean the same thing.

So maybe you have a different version than your provider?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/