Re: regression failure in CVS HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: regression failure in CVS HEAD
Date
Re: regression failure in CVS HEAD  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I said:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>> About 1 in every 5 runs of the (parallel) regression tests are failing
>> for me with CVS HEAD: the triggers, inherit, vacuum, sanity_check, and
>> misc tests fail. I can make the failures occur fairly consistently by
>> running "make check" over and over again until the problem crops up.

> Yipes.  I have not been running the parallel tests (my habit is to run
> make installcheck, instead) but there is clearly something busted.

I've spent the morning trying to reproduce this, without success.  After
a "make maintainer-clean", cvs update, full rebuild cycle, I cannot get
anything funny to happen in "make check" under HPUX, RH Linux 8.0, or
OS X.

I'm a bit hesitant to write it off as a build problem, because
(a) I can't see anything in the recent CVS logs that might cause such,
and (b) it's surprising that it'd bite both you and me.  But at this
point I don't see what else to say.

Can you still reproduce the problem after a clean rebuild?