Re: postgres configuration - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sumeet
Subject Re: postgres configuration
Date
List pgsql-sql
The only info i have is

Apple xRaid drive array with 14 400GB drives for a total of 5 TB storage
I have around 10-15 indexes for each tables. does the number of indexes slow down the vacuum process?
indexes are compund indexes on multiple fields.

-Sumeet

On 3/13/07, Andrej Ricnik-Bay <andrej.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/14/07, Sumeet <asumeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
Hi,

> Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask this question.
General woould have been better :)

> My Vacuum's are running very very slow and expecially when vacuuming indexes
> in large tables of size in 5-10 gigabytes,
> can some one help me determine the parameters for postgres.conf which will
> help me vacuum fast. I'm running postgres on a server with 32 gigs of ram
> and 8 processors.
And the disk subsystem is .... ?

> Thanks,
> Sumeet.