Re: PostgreSQL performance on a virtual host - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ivan Zolotukhin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL performance on a virtual host
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello,

We had a bad experience with PostgreSQL running in OpenVZ (year and a
half year ago): OpenVZ kernel killed postmaster with strange signals
from time to time, failcounters of OpenVZ did not worked as expected
in this moments, PostgreSQL fighted for the disk with applications in
other virtual cells, no one from OpenVZ forums was able to help me
with these issues. So this experience was really dissapointing; since
then we use only dedicated systems without kernels patched for
virtualization.

--
Regards,
 Ivan