Re: Unfriendly handling of pg_hba SSL options with SSL off - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unfriendly handling of pg_hba SSL options with SSL off
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Late reply, but we are basically ignoring 'local' lines if the build
> doesn't support unix domain sockets (windows), but throwing an error for
> hostssl usage if ssl is not compiled in.  Is the only logic here that
> 'local' is part of the default pg_hba.conf and hostssl is not?  Is that
> good logic?

I wouldn't have a problem with making the Windows port throw an error
for "local" lines.  We'd have to fix initdb to remove that line from the
sample file (if it doesn't already), but that's surely not hard.