Re: Postgres 8.1.4 sanity_check failed on SuSE 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres 8.1.4 sanity_check failed on SuSE 8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
"Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <office@weberhofer.at> writes:
> while the regression tests, there is one that fails:

Repeatably, or did you only see this once?  There's a known timing issue
that explains this, but it's only been seen once or twice that I know of.

    * src/test/regress/: expected/sanity_check.out,
    sql/sanity_check.sql: Tweak sanity_check regression test to display
    more tables (viz, those without indexes) but not to display temp
    tables.  It's a bit hard to credit that sanity_check could get
    through a database-wide VACUUM while the preceding create_index
    test is still trying to clean up its temp tables ... but I see no
    other explanation for the current failure report from buildfarm
    member sponge.

The report alluded to is
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=sponge&dt=2006-08-05%2021:30:02

            regards, tom lane