Re: Back-branch releases upcoming this week - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Back-branch releases upcoming this week
Date
Re: Back-branch releases upcoming this week
List pgsql-hackers
> On 09/20/2011 02:46 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> Can we also specify a final release version for 8.2? This set will be
>> 8.2.21, and I propose to EOL 8.2 as of 8.2.22.

> I don't see why we should deviate from the policy at
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy>. In
> all probability, that means there will be one more release for 8.2 after
> this, but I don't think we need to determine that now.

Per that policy, there will certainly be at least one more 8.2.x
release, namely the first one "after December 2011".  There could be
more than one, if we are pressed into making a set of releases between
now and December.

I don't think we've yet decided what the policy means if a release
happens during the stated calendar month, which seems rather likely
this time around in view of our historical record of doing updates
roughly quarterly.  Should we settle that detail now?  That is,
does "after December" really mean "in or after December", or did we
really mean "after"?