Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Paul,

See comments at the end...

On 10/05/17 08:00, Paul Hughes wrote:
> Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I've been
> out of the programming world for a long time, so I am back to being a
> newbie.
Even if you stay in the game, technology changes - so one has to keep
learning and adapting.

When I started mighty MainFrames roamed the planet - now a low end smart
phone has over a thousand times more memory & processing power, than the
first MainFrame (ICL 4/72) I ever programmed in COBOL .  Now I use Java
& other newer languages on a Linux box with a processor chip with more
cache than any MainFrame's main memory that I ever programmed.

> I was told this is the place for newcomers to ask questions. I
> apologize if my questions did not contain the necessary sophistication
> or nuance for some to answer.

I don't think that is too much of a problem, haven't seen anyone tell
you to RTFM!!!

[...]

It is normal on this list not to top post, but rather to add comments at
the end (so people can see the context) - though interspersed comments
in the body of the text is okay when appropriate!

Cheers,
Gavin