Re: Window functions patch v04 for the September commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Window functions patch v04 for the September commit fest
Date
Re: Window functions patch v04 for the September commit fest  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 02:42:25AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's not like we haven't seen a SQL draft go down in flames before.

> Do you think that anything in the windowing functions section will
> disappear?

Who's to say?

I have no objection to looking at the 2003 and 200n documents in
parallel, especially if there are places where 200n clarifies the
intent of 2003.  But I'd be suspicious of designing around
entirely-new features presented by 200n.