Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2022-11-07 at 23:04 +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-11-05 at 10:08 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Agreed; new compilation patch attached, including mine and then
> > Robert's suggested rewordings.
>
> Thanks.  There is clearly a lot of usefule information in this.
>
> Some comments: [...]

I thought some more about the patch, and I don't like the title
"Transaction Management" for the new chapter.  I'd expect some more
from a chapter titled "Internals" / "Transaction Management".

In reality, the new chapter is about transaction IDs.  So perhaps the
name should reflect that, so that it does not mislead the reader.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe