defining directories for tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject defining directories for tables?
Date
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.2.x on RedHat Linux 7.2.

I know this sounds like a silly question, but, is there a way to
create subdirectories / folders for users and their tables?

For example, I have about 20 different people creating tables.
They have different needs, naming conventions (I'm trying
to change this) and purposes for their tables.  I have a few
groups, but, nothing that would help the department.

They want to know "can we put our tables in our own folders
... you know ... like on Windows?".

I don't think that's possible, it seems a bit rude to *me* to
even ask, but has anyone done anything like this?

I'm not even going to entertain the thought of having 20 different
databases for 20 different users when all of the source data that they
use HAS to live in one database (as far as I know, PostgreSQL
can't do sql between multiple databases; correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks!

-X