Load sharing question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject Load sharing question
Date
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running RedHat Linux 2.4.7-10 and PostgreSQL 7.2.1
on an Intel box.

Has anyone configured their machines to do load sharing
(and to a greater extent, clustering) for PostgreSQL?

I have a box where I might want to add a second CPU,
but that's not going to happen for a while.  I do, however,
have a second machine that is not doing much of anything
and that IS attached via Ethernet crossover to the
primary server.  I'd like to use that processor to
take some the load off of the primary box.

Is there some documentation / examples of load sharing
and PostgreSQL out there?  I'm not finding much from
groups.google.com.  (a few LVS and ultramonkey.org)

Thanks!

-X