Re: SQL/JSON features for v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: SQL/JSON features for v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/31/22 3:08 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-08-31 We 14:45, Tom Lane wrote:
>> To the extent that there was a management failure here, it was that
>> we didn't press for a resolution sooner.  Given the scale of the
>> concerns raised in June, I kind of agree with Andres' opinion that
>> fixing them post-freeze was doomed to failure.  It was definitely
>> doomed once we reached August with no real work done towards it.
>

> I'm not going to comment publicly in general about this, you might
> imagine what my reaction is. The decision is the RMT's to make and I
> have no quarrel with that.
>
> But I do want it understood that there was work being done right from
> the time in June when Andres' complaints were published. These were
> difficult issues, and we didn't let the grass grow looking for a fix. I
> concede that might not have been visible until later.

June was a bit of a rough month too -- we had the issues that spawned
the out-of-cycle release at the top of the month, which started almost
right after Beta 1, and then almost immediately into Beta 2 after 14.4.
I know that consumed a lot of my cycles. At that point in time for the
v15 release process I was primarily focused on monitoring open items at
that point, so I missed the June comments.

Jonathan

Attachment