Re: bits & the end of the world - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bits & the end of the world
Date
List pgsql-general
>> I just got everyone's favorite error message:
>> FATAL 1:  my bits moved right off the end of the world!
>> Recreate index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index.

>> Except, of course, this is a system index.

There's a REINDEX command now that you can use in standalone mode
to recover from something like this.

The procedure is arcane (translation: I don't know it) so check
the documentation and follow it carefully.

I've fixed a few bugs in btree for 7.1 and am optimistically hoping
that this message will not be heard from again after 7.1 is out...

            regards, tom lane