Re: config files in /data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: config files in /data
Date
Re: config files in /data  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>> Seems we should have pg_hba.conf and other files in a separate
>> directory, not /data.

> I think the internal files, such as pg_control should be in data/base/
> instead, so as to not mix them up with user-editable files such as
> pg_hba.conf, `configuration' (as of 3 min ago), ident, and password files.

Doesn't that pose a risk of collision with user-chosen database names?
Rather than restricting database names, we should keep these files in
a different subdirectory.  I agree that it's a good idea to separate
them from the directly-editable config files, just not to put them in
data/base/ ...