Re: instalation problems! - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: instalation problems!
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> The platfrom which we are using is Digital V4.0-D (alphaev56-dec-osf4.0d).
> I copied the whole configuration report for you, maybe it helps.
> I'm acctually suspecting our GCC version (v2.7.2.3), maybe it's too old and
> not familiar with "-mieee" option. What do you think?

> Yup.  This option was introduced in GCC 2.8.0.

Hm.  Do we want to do something about that hard-wired hack in
utils/adt/Makefile?

I'm not sure whether gcc 2.7.* on Alpha is reliable enough for us to
care whether it builds Postgres ... but if it is, seems like configure
ought to take care of this.

            regards, tom lane