Re: time table for beta1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: time table for beta1
Date
Re: time table for beta1  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>  At the risk of getting laughed at, how about, say, ~2 weeks from now?

Seems reasonable to me.

>  Plus or minus a couple of days based on people's schedules and which
> day of the week we'd like the wrap to happen on.

Betas are usually done using the regular release process, which is
wrap-on-Thursday-release-on-Monday (to accommodate both packagers who
work weekdays and those who can only spare time on weekends).  So we'd
really be talking about code freeze on the 14th if we want release on
the 18th.  That might be a bit ambitious, but we can always slip it a
week if unforeseen problems crop up.