Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download
Date
List pgsql-www

> On 25 Apr 2016, at 20:05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> -WWW,
>
> In reviewing:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKq0gv+Gc0i8j=ktQSkMkLJmmTqUHAm=Eza7zLv+MdXCB6H+Bw@mail.gmail.com
>
> It becomes clear that they are following the Open Source way in a more transparent fashion that the other universal
packagesavailable.

In what way exactly? I can't even find the source code on the website. The existing installers are on
git.postgresql.org.

The other thing to be very careful of is confusing users. Are these distributions interchangeable? What happens if a
usertries to upgrade one with the other?