Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Poe
Subject Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and
Date
List pgsql-performance
There is 64MB on the 6i and 192MB on the 642 controller. I wish the controllers had a "wrieback" enable option like the LSI MegaRAID adapters have. I have tried splitting the cache accelerator 25/75 75/25 0/100 100/0 but the results really did not improve.

Steve

On 8/7/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>> The database data is on the drive array(RAID10) and the pg_xlog is on
>> the internal RAID1 on the 6i controller. The results have been poor.

I have heard that the 6i was actually decent but to avoid the 5i.

Joshua D. Drake

>> My guess is the controllers are garbage.
>
> Can you run bonnie++ version 1.03a on the machine and report the results
> here?
>
> It could be OK if you have the latest Linux driver for cciss, someone has
> reported good results to this list with the latest, bleeding edge version of
> Linux (2.6.17).
>
> - Luke

>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>        match

    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
              http://www.commandprompt.com/