Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Simon Riggs, )
  Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Sam Mason, )
 Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Dawid Kuroczko, )
 Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: [PERFORM] Planner doesn't look at LIMIT?  (Ian Westmacott, )

Simon Riggs <> writes:
> Looks good. I think it explains a few other wierd perf reports also.

Could be.  I went back to look at Sam Mason's report about three weeks
ago, and it definitely seems to explain his issue.  The "fuzzy cost
comparison" logic is new in 8.0 so it hasn't had all that much
testing...

            regards, tom lane