Regarding installing & starting Postgres on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vikram Patil
Subject Regarding installing & starting Postgres on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello ,

               I am trying to find a way to install PostgreSQL through my script/code . I don’t want to use installer provided on websites.

I compiled source and and I installed in one directory , Now I am trying to register it as a service or start database server directly.

I read in FAQs that I can start database server by revoking administrative rights.  But how I can do that is not mentioned there.

Basically I am trying to create similar experience like installer . Please provide some idea on this issue.

Thank you very much in advance .

Regards,

Vikram