Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs

From: Gregory S. Williamson
Subject: Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

choosing RAID level for xlogs  ("Anjan Dave", )
 Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (, )
 Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (John A Meinel, )
  Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (John A Meinel, )
   Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (Alex Turner, )
  Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (Alex Turner, )
 Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  ("Gregory S. Williamson", )
 Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: choosing RAID level for xlogs  (Alex Turner, )

I would be very cautious about ever using RAID5, despite manufacturers' claims to the contrary. The link below is
authoredby a very knowledgable fellow whose posts I know (and trust) from Informix land.

<http://www.miracleas.com/BAARF/RAID5_versus_RAID10.txt>

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC