Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL general discussions list - 2010 Thread: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL general discussions list - 2010 Thread: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL general discussions list - 2010 Thread:Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> I am pretty sure it is:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems#Operating_system_support
>> PostgreSQL      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes (MorphOS)[24]

> Oh man, 2005's versuin 6.3.2.  It's more of a historical oddity than a
> version I'd ever wanna run.

More to the point, whatever "MorphOS" is, it isn't AmigaOS.  It was pretty
clearly stated in the original thread that AmigaOS had no support for
fork(), without which there was no chance of running Postgres.  It's not
unreasonable of us to take the position that AmigaOS isn't a supported
platform, because *it is not*, and never has been.

(And, for the record, I didn't edit that wikipedia entry.  I don't even
have a wikipedia account.)

            regards, tom lane