Re: Machine available for community use - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Machine available for community use
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
>> There isn't any "secret sauce" in the RHEL build process

> Really? Are the compiler options, etc, public?

Certainly.  If you doubt it, try comparing pg_config output for the RHEL
and CentOS packages.  (And if the CFLAGS entries are different, you
should be mentioning it to the CentOS package maintainer, not me.)

> Actually I did not compare -- But both of them were 4.3 (RHEL 4.3 and
> CentOS 4.3). I'm assuming that they have the same package versions,
> right?

> BTW, they were stock 4.3 -- no updates, etc.

RHEL 4.3 was obsoleted more than a year ago, so I'd like to think that
nobody finds "no update" comparisons to be very relevant today ...