Re: postgres file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Re: postgres file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/backup.html

> in access dbms, this can be
> easily done by locating the filename with extension
> .mdb. how does one do it in postgresql.

AFAIC, PostgreSQL uses partitoned database files to store data. Thus,
it's far from MS Access' concept. (Furthermore, both method have its
own pros and cons.) But, in the related documentation (which I pasted
above), you'll see how easy it is to backup/restore a PostgreSQL
database/table/object using supplied utilities.

Regards.