Re: CLUSTER ALL syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CLUSTER ALL syntax
Date
Re: CLUSTER ALL syntax  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> In looking at the CLUSTER ALL patch I have applied, I am now wondering
> why the ALL keyword is used.  When we do VACUUM, we don't use ALL.
> VACUUM vacuums all tables.  Shouldn't' CLUSTER alone do the same thing.

I agree, lose the ALL.

> And what about REINDEX?  That seems to have a different syntax from the
> other two.  Seems there should be some consistency.

We don't have a REINDEX ALL, and I'm not in a hurry to invent one.
(Especially, I'd not want to see Alvaro spending time on that instead
of fixing the underlying btree-compaction problem ;-))