Re: Language Code to Language name conversion for use in pg_ts_config? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Language Code to Language name conversion for use in pg_ts_config?
Date
List pgsql-general
Josh Hayes-Sheen <grevian@gmail.com> writes:
> I've started tinkering with the FTS functionality in 8.3 and was
> wondering if there was a good way to convert from a language code (like
> en-us) to a language name as used in pg_ts_config.cfgname (like
> 'english'), As far as I know ISO639 language codes are used pretty much
> everywhere else in postgres but there for some reason? I can build a
> table to do the mapping if I have to, but wasn't sure if there was a
> better way planned or one that was missing? (I want to build indexes
> based on languages passed in from the application as language codes)

Feel free to make your own TS configuration names according to whatever
convention you like.  The predefined ones are really meant as samples
anyway, not necessarily the ones you'd use in production.

            regards, tom lane