Re: configure option for XLOG_BLCKSZ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure option for XLOG_BLCKSZ
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Mark Wong" <markwkm@gmail.com> writes:
> I still believe it makes sense to have them separated.  I did have
> some data, which has since been destroyed, that suggested there were
> some system characterization differences for OLTP workloads with
> PostgreSQL.  Let's hope those disks get delivered to Portland soon. :)

Fair enough.  It's not that much more code to have another configure
switch --- will go do that.

If we are allowing blocksize and relation seg size to have configure
switches, seems that symmetry would demand that XLOG_SEG_SIZE be
configurable as well.  Thoughts?

            regards, tom lane