Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?
Date
In response to Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 10:45:52AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Process of an <glossterm linkend="glossary-instance">instance</glossterm> in
>> charge of some specific, hardcoded background task.  Examples are

> And I think "hardcoded" doesn't mean anything beyond what "specific" means.

> Maybe you'd say: .. process which handles a specific, central task for the
> cluster instance.

Meh.  "Specific" and "background" both seem to be useful terms here.
I do not think "central" is a useful adjective.