Re: use SSL TO AUTH - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Fabio Serra
Subject Re: use SSL TO AUTH
Date
Re: use SSL TO AUTH  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
> I'd like to open  my database to users that have dynamic IP's (from the
> internet).  Is there a way to use SSL/TLS to have the user AUTH'z my the OS
> openSUSE 10.3

I'm trying the same thing, but without success.
First, I don't understand if PostgreSQL in OpenSuse 10.3 was compiled with SSL support. Is there any command to know how was compiled PG ?

I followed step by step the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ssl-tcp.html
I changed to on the ssl option in postgresql.conf and I created a self signed certificate that i copied in /var/lib/pgsql/data/
The problem is that Postgres doesn't start correctly and I can't find any log to understand why.
If you succeed to enable ssl on OpenSuse, please let me know.
Regards