Re: Documentation for building with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Documentation for building with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23.11.22 22:24, samay sharma wrote:
> Thank you. Attaching v7 addressing most of the points below.

I have committed this, after some editing and making some structural
changes.  I moved the "Requirements" section back to the top level.  It
did not look appealing to have to maintain two copies of this that have
almost no substantial difference (but for some reason were written with
separate structure and wording).  Also, I rearranged the Building with
Meson section to use the same internal structure as the Building with
Autoconf and Make section.  This will make it easier to maintain going
forward.  For example if someone adds a new option, it will be easier to
find the corresponding places in the lists where to add them.

We will likely keep iterating on the contents for the next little while,
but I'm glad we now have a structure in place that we should be able to
live with.