Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Does Google like old versions of the Postgresdocs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Does Google like old versions of the Postgresdocs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/16/2017 01:35 PM, Chris Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it just me, or does Google like old versions of the Postgres
> docs?
>
> I seem to get a first hit pointing to 9.1 very often. Just now I googled
>
>   postgres earthdistance
>
> and got a pointer to the 8.3 (!) version, even.
>
> Any thoughts about why that's happening?

This has been discussed, several times that I can recall, on pgsql-www.
IIRC, our web team is doing something about this, but it's slow to take
effect on Google's listings.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!