Re: Postgres Security Patches Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres Security Patches Question
Date
Re: Postgres Security Patches Question  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On 4/24/19 7:30 AM, Patil, Prashant wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We have a question related to security patches.
>
> Following is our server specification:-
>
> OS-RedHat 7
>
> Postgres – 9.3 (planning to upgrade to 11.2) and 11.2
>
> We have installed postgres using source code and moved postgres data,
> config and share default install directories to custom directories/mount
> points. If there is any security patch that need to apply on postgres
> database in future, 1. Would security patch available in form of source
> code/zip file OR do we have to apply it using rpm? 2. If rpm, would it
> be possible to install security patch on postgres custom directories
> through RPM? 3. Any caveat that we need to aware about?
>
> Any help here would be really appreciated.

AFAIK the patches are not released separately. In your case you would
need to download the new patched complete source and rebuild it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com