Re: [SOLVED] Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Heiko Wundram
Subject Re: [SOLVED] Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 22.03.2012 18:21, schrieb Heiko Wundram:
> Am 22.03.2012 15:48, schrieb Tom Lane:
>> There was a memory leak in the last-but-one releases for index
>> operations on inet and cidr datatypes, so I'm wondering if that
>> explains your problem ...
>
> I'll be updating pgsql now and
> then recheck the import.

Yes, that worked - imported the old pmacct data flawlessly after
upgrading to 9.1.3. Thank you again for the hint at the inet problems;
searching through Google initially didn't turn up any relevant hints,
but after I rechecked with the specific reference to inet, I did find
the corresponding bug reports against PostgreSQL 9.1.2.

--
--- Heiko.