Re: [GENERAL] Recover PostgreSQL database folder data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Recover PostgreSQL database folder data
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/21/2017 01:14 PM, Edson Lidorio wrote:

> On 21-04-2017 16:00, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Is that really the case?
> Yes, I have already given permission on this folder and it does not
> initialize.

You do not want to initialize the directory that was taken care of when
you did:

3- I renamed the /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data folder to date data_old and
copied the old date folder

The files are there, the start script is just not able to read them
because of permissions issues. You need to verify the permissions on the
files in data/-

> I'll try to make another copy in another vm.

Pretty sure you will end up at the same place.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com