initdb: invalid locale name "sv_SE.ISO-8859-1" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ragnar Österlund
Subject initdb: invalid locale name "sv_SE.ISO-8859-1"
Date
Re: initdb: invalid locale name "sv_SE.ISO-8859-1"  (Ragnar <gnari@hive.is>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

When I try to initialize a new cluster like this:

/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/initdb --locale=sv_SE.ISO-8859-1 -D sv_SE_data/

I get the error:

initdb: invalid locale name "sv_SE.ISO-8859-1"

This is on Ubuntu that it fails. It works fine on my slackware
installation. I tried compile postgresql from source on ubuntu, as I
thought it might had been the binary installation that was not
correct, but the source installation failed the same way. I have a
locale for sv in /usr/share/locales. What on earth can it be that is
wrong?

/Ragnar