RE: LDAP Bind Password - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kumar, Virendra
Subject RE: LDAP Bind Password
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you Peter!
I figured that out.

Regards,
Virendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 8:41 PM
To: Kumar, Virendra; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: LDAP Bind Password

On 4/3/18 16:12, Kumar, Virendra wrote:
> Is anybody aware of how to encrypt bind password for ldap
> authentication in pg_hba.conf. Anonymous bind is disabled in our
> organization so we have to use bind ID and password but to keep them
> as plaintext in pg_hba.conf defeat security purposes. We want to
> either encrypt it or authenticate without binding. Any insights into this is appreciated.

You can use the "simple bind" method that is described in the documentation.  That one doesn't involve a second bind
step.

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.