Re: Dark mode styling for the website - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Dark mode styling for the website
Date
List pgsql-www
On 11/4/22 6:52 PM, Dave Page wrote:

> Here's a patch that implements the manual switching and contrast changes.
>
> The light-mode-only issue for users without JS still needs to be
> resolved (if we actually care).

Thanks for pulling this together. A few comments:

1. Should we apply the lightened text to all font, not just the top nav
links? I do think it is easier to read.

2. There is an inline script that sets the toggle -- we should move that
into a JS file. We had move all of our inline scripts in JS files for
the CSPs.

3. Looking at examples of toggle buttons, the most icon common pattern is:

Light - sun
Dark - moon
(System - computer)

Additionally, it will display the icon of the mode you are currently in.
I'd suggest we currently follow that convention.

I may be able to take a crack at this later in the week + pending
consensus on the above.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment