Re: Should SET ROLE inherit config params? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: Should SET ROLE inherit config params?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
--On Mittwoch, März 11, 2009 21:45:00 +0000 Simon Riggs
<simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:

>> This is as documented (although I want to add a line to SET ROLE docs)
>> but is it the behavior we want?  I for one would like SET ROLE to change
>> runtime configs.
>
> Sounds good to me, but you may want to explore what problems that might
> cause so we can avoid screwing up. Perhaps it could be an option?

I had exactly the same intention yesterday. Maybe something along the line
of su - is what we want, thus expanding such a functionality with an
optional argument to SET ROLE.

--  Thanks
                   Bernd